Sunday, May 20, 2012

Marathon Today!


Before starting about the experience, here is my promise to myself that I will participate any marathon around hereafter. I have seen a peacock, many camels and many many humans who tried to spend their Sunday differently. The marathon took place away from city, near to a small village where I guess people use the road that we walked with very difficulty, as their daily route of transportation. There were large stones, thorn plants and dusty mud like soft bed slipping shoe into it on the way to the starting point to marathon. The organizers had built a small hut shed, made of clay and bamboos and properly shaded with grass on top of hut.

We were four and packed was not only water but also so much enthusiasm. I also carried some thoughts to post something in my blog which might interest me. Till we reached the place, my focus couldn’t come back from those villages we passed on the way. Those houses, cowsheds, olden cots in front of the houses with old men sitting and relaxing, crops and farm houses…all made me think of my village. My village! Could something replace this in my life? I really want something to replace this, something which makes me want to go every time. I stopped thinking of it for a while and tried to forget those broken dreams. I don’t like to call them broken dreams, rather they are unfulfilled dreams. May be I am a living devil.

Weather was unlike Gurgaon at 6a.m, the pot is not yet boiled…I mean the Sun was yet to boil us, so we had light breezes coming our way. Though it was dusty, whenever we got onto better road, we immediately opened car windows to get the breeze. Fresh air can be sold in kilos at gurgaon. I think even I am ready to buy. My friend was having more than good time, driving the village roads, with less or no vehicles passing by.

Once we reached, one group was gathered to start the marathon. Some cheerleaders (males though) were shouting and clapping to encourage us to start. One among us was in 10km run, so he ran ahead of us and we couldn’t meet him till last. And everyone were on their own. Many people were part of it, most them where in their 30’s and to my shock there were many women, a lot married who came along with their kids. Seeing people crossing by me, and thinking about them, I was distracted with some noises. How negative I can think of to write distracted when I heard birds chirping. It was a nice feeling. Till I finish 5km, I told to myself not to stop or rest in between. People were not talking much to each other, in spite of it being a fun run than a competition. After 2.5Km we have to take a U-turn and get come back to the starting point. I started walking after U-turn for a while. And there came those cools guys with cameras. They were official photographers for the event and cheered up people capturing if not missed moments. And I have to tell you that really made me run much better. Every half kilometer when I see the photographer from far, I start running, thinking I have to run while I am on photo. Finally, came back to the end point without a single stop anywhere.

They arranged parathas for all of them, which were made in the hut in front of us. They were tasty.  There I was sitting at an open window in the hut which has no doors anywhere and seeing at the people opening the breezers and beer bottles.  These were provided by organizers. That was all a shock for me. I thought this run will remind everyone about their health and I ended up thinking people are much more than I thought into fun. Never mind, judging doesn’t bring much. If only there was one person who stood strong among the people organizing by not supporting this alcohol thing in the early morning pleasant marathon reminding how important health is, then…? If only!!
I will attend again yet another marathon, with the hope to see different things.

Against something is a gene again. We too took some photos. On return journey a camel was walking opposite to the car and we stopped a while to see it. I thought if it is free like this always and if these were like other animals like street dogs and cats free to live and walk without owners. May be not!

As we entered the city, I felt good and when I felt so, I pitied my mind for being happy for this. Life has its own beauty. Sometimes you enjoy which you daily crib about.

Just two hours back I did all this. Lot more to do on this Sunday morning. Good morning chirpy birds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Super proud

 My little brother is no more little.. He has grown up so big that now he went to a new country to study I feel quite proud of him and also ...