Saturday, May 23, 2020

Cosy times

I went into the kitchen
Silently took the Japanese roasted rice green tea powder and turned on the stove.
Bent a bit to open the cupboard below the stove and took the tea making vessel.
Noticed it for a while, I have been using it since my wedding and ravi seem to have had it many years before that. I rinsed once with the water and filled half of it with the water and set it on stove to boil. While I waited for the water to boil, I turned away from the stove and looked into the kitchen window to see the nearby tree and wonder for a moment is this what relaxing means. I dont really know. I turn again towards the stove and put a spoon full of tea into the boiling water. While the tea was boiling I once again bent down, this time to just try and smell roasted rice.. I couldn’t smell anything yet but I felt hot water vapors on my face and suddenly it came to my mind, what if a person is very short and standing exactly where I am...maybe they will feel the vapors all the time. Thought it is silly to think like that and when the leaves are completely opened from boiling, I looked for a glass which has white background inside instead of black (I find it hard to see the contents in the glass when it has black color inside, strange but somehow I keep wondering black color inside porcelain glasses is a wrong way to make a glass. I poured my green tea in it and now I can smell roasted rice in it. Sipped it silently while reading a book in kindle.
I like this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Super proud

 My little brother is no more little.. He has grown up so big that now he went to a new country to study I feel quite proud of him and also ...