Thursday, January 4, 2018

Fond memory of clothes

I read my post twice some time back and realised I dont write much anymore.
I actually dont have anything interesting to write.
Although a lot of things happen around me, I dont see them sepcially anymore
Back then, when I didnt have enough money for day to day expenses, I had so many stories.
What do I write today? Should I write, I like a blouse today, I went to shop and got it. There is really nothing interesting in it. I wear the blouse couple of times and I buy another one. They can never be my favorites. I had so many favorite chudidhars back in college even in school. My first chudidhar was white dress with green sleeves. Green sleeves had bandhini dots and before buying it I saw it for six months displayed outside shop on my way to school. It was 500 rupees and I was not able to affort it, in fact my parents struggled to pay school fees each month. And my second dress was completely black with soft cloth and I was so skinny it felt like a cloth piece being hung to a stick.
I just had only these two for entire tenth standard. I loved them, even I made my mom wear them for a picture, she looked like a college girl.
And I had some favorites in 12th standard, a blue simran dress which I got for my birthday. I really liked that dress, infact I really like that birthday most. I recall how shy I was back then, with long hair. It was also last day of inter exams and my birthday in 2002.hmm
 Coming back to dresses, in degree I loved a yellow chudidhar so much, it had such a long lovely dupatta, my sister reminded me of that dress some days back. There was also one black dress when I was in final year of degree, plain black dress with a special shining dupatta.
I went to do masters in bangalore, all my friends were stylish, wearing jeans, t shirts and my pretty salwars suddenly looked different. My confidence was a bit shaken at that age like every small town girl and I started coping up and matching myself to my surroundings.
After many many years now I unlearn all these. I love wearing salwars to office, also love sarees, I hope to have same memories of my clothes until degree even now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Super proud

 My little brother is no more little.. He has grown up so big that now he went to a new country to study I feel quite proud of him and also ...