Saturday, March 19, 2022

2.6 years and some new changes

 I did cold turkey method and stopped breastfeeding this week precisely on 16 Mar 2022. Two years and 6 months of breastfeeding journey is the most heartfelt experience. Being close to Arjun is such a gift in my life. I felt this is a major milestone for him. He took it so well, asked couple of times but never forced or cried asking for milk. He just behaved like he understood everything when I explained and didn’t bother me after that. I on the other hand can’t sleep a bit since three nights. Maybe it is the rage of hormones with sudden stop of  feeding or full of surprise on how Arjun took this whole new change. I miss his hugs and cuddles a lot. He still gives them but while feeding we bond so close. I enjoy the confidence that I can put him to sleep easily and he is so calm.

We are going to india the coming week after 2.3 years.. it’s weird I wasn’t excited at all to go. With Suri babai gone I didn’t feel much to look forward. Strangely last few days feel different, I am excited. 

A lot going on at work.. more like new people, different work but even that came through the mind while lay down awake wat night looking at little one sleep. 

I am planning a trip to Madurai with my best friend during this india trip.. not sure if it will all happen but if it does it is something so exciting to look forward to.

We made more friends in last 6 months than we made in last 3yrs in Singapore. I enjoy all the chit chat with women now. Baby entering in life has made me realise how I crave to share all the baby life and stuff with other mothers. 

Arjun loves reading books. Now he is at that age where he reads books himself.. I mean not literally but he knows the story and he turns pages and keeps telling the story to the book itself. Peppa pig stories are his favorite and he always takes side of George pig.. he says George want this and that and peppa is not giving so he is sad. Last night I didn’t put him in swing, he told he want to go into the swing and I said it is not working anymore. He simply believed that and didn’t ask after that. This is what surprises me. He trusts me and when you trust someone it is so simple and plain. 

Going to put him to sleep now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Super proud

 My little brother is no more little.. He has grown up so big that now he went to a new country to study I feel quite proud of him and also ...