Sunday, December 9, 2012

Arugu

I am surprised to know that I have feeling for stones. Yeah stones. I think we all does have. I tried recalling some stones which I came across in life. I am doing this from yesterday night. Finding me mad...really it was interesting. First thing I remembered was a stone in the center of my village (botrayi). It is a small stone in the centre of the road, which is almost very close to the bus stop in my village where I generally take bus to school. It has a small curve on one side and the whole village offer prayers to it on all important occasions like weddings, festivals and even on deaths. I have feelings associated with it..surely.
I thought of more..a big horizontal slab of stone (Arugu) without uniform shape and one edge protruding a little out infront on my home..infact inside our house fencing was so important and so much favourite of mine. I remember from the time my mother was feeding me food sitting on it and we playing jumping from it, and once or twice snakes were under it, and they moved the slab to kill them and again kept it back...my clothes were washed by maid on it, in summer we dried rice papads on it, I have billion memories associated with it. I love that stone. It is still there, may be this time when I go home I will hug it :)
And then, yeah I have now so many stones in mind...I wondered if I get to have same memories in this modern building with uniform shapes and sizes, may be I will bring these stones from my village wherever I go <3 p="p">
I suddenly remembered me, my mom, my sister sleeping on that arugu with both daughters legs on her. Angel she is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Super proud

 My little brother is no more little.. He has grown up so big that now he went to a new country to study I feel quite proud of him and also ...