Sunday, June 17, 2012

Know Forest Rules~


Relative but not similar!
In Gurgaon, when you are outside your house, you should always know one thing. You are entering into forest zone, where people like animals (I respect them a lot, but to make my point understandable I write so) see you. Actually they are not bad animals, they see because we are so civilized that we do not know how to deal with them. Likewise, when we go out here fully dressed, they see us like some new objects and on top of that, we go in to their forest, and ignore them. Surely some thing that hurts them. So, we have these cars and vehicles which will not allow us to open a window at the site of those animals. And we protect ourselves from them all the time. It surely triggers one day or the other day, let them get down and walk on the road, we will catch them. Yes, no wonder they do that, and we all cry they rape in Gurgaon. Its we, who are triggering all of this. We are raping their minds everyday creating lot of frustration.

When I came here, many people scared me. Surprisingly even I was worried for a while, though I was very confident that I can deal with people anywhere. I removed the objects of gold from body and wore simple clothes, whenever in doubt of people covered myself with shawl and kept quiet. But, I want to understand them. To make my life easy and their life easy.

The cab guy when I asked to take left to enter into the society where I live, he suddenly said in hindi, with sarcastic tone, we guys don’t know how all live in this much big places… I was a bit worried and then said, not many must be having their own house, and many must be on rent. I think he felt better, he said Oh ok. They are unhappy more not that they don’t have them, but because, we all are showing them off so much and make them feel more undeserving. But, the civilized people are too busy to understand and care for their worries. So, life sounds hap hazard here, and on top of that weather doesn’t support any. However, my experiment to understand this gave me many insights.

Just close to my apartment, there is shopping mall and some vegetable shops outside. You can call malls here are the most secluded places, hardly people go and they are everywhere like small shops on road. Every half kilometer you have an alcohol shop and we have two such shops around this mall. It was 7p.m, I know that it was very unsafe to walk on road. Wearing my formal pant and a simple t-shirt, I walked out of my society, not carrying any purse, only a mobile and some money in hand. I got out of society and reached main road. There was no one around, no sign of auto. I saw a sharing auto from far and tried stopping, but they saw me like something new and in shock, donno they didn’t stop. I wanted to go to nearby shop to buy charger for my mobile. I decided to walk. After crossing one wine shop, I was scared and was thinking if I am being stupid, was that wrong thing to come out at that time. But, now that there was no option, I walked, when some bike was going beside me, I thought they might pull me and was also imagining what if a car comes and stop beside me. Now I saw some crowd far, and walked towards them, showing no sign of fear on face, or in my walk. Once I reached the shop, I found no girl around…but many men walking here and there. I saw a woman coming back from her work, looked like she works in some construction place, her clothes were muddy. No one where seeing her. People after sometime stopped seeing at me, but where surely wondering how come this human entered forest.

How do I prove to them that they are also human?

But after that day, my fear on this people reduced to a huge extent. I feel they need some one like them around them. Like when I go to my village, I wear the clothes acceptable to them, not that I cannot show off or wear what I like, but to respect them and be one of them. To receive the love they can give when they feel I am one of them.

The destructing causes of human like jealous, frustration, stress are abundant at this place. Over the years this things are going to change but the root causes will affect the quality of living on a huge basis, disturbing the mankind’s whole purpose.

It not that bad to live in a challenging place like this! You need a movement to make people more calm and more serene. I think we need collective movements. It can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Super proud

 My little brother is no more little.. He has grown up so big that now he went to a new country to study I feel quite proud of him and also ...