Thursday, June 7, 2012

A memory of Teenage..

On a rainy day, after school, clear sky, teenage, I think 9th standard, I remember walking alone to the bus stop.
That town was new to me. My previous school was also in the same town but it was in outskirts and I never really needed to walk on those streets which I started walking after changing school.

Scared on men, especially college going guys. Use to watch the shops, especially clothe shops which displayed nice salwars..colorful were they. Just as I was about to reach the bus stop there was a shop with a white salwar having green sleeves with white dots. I hardly had any salwars and dreamt so much of having that white and green one. Everyday I saw, never missed. And one day, when some aunt gave me 500 rupees, I told my mom I will buy that dress. I bought it to wear every saturday to school....I still remember feeling shy in that dress first time, with duppatta on me, very girly feeling, I donno what it was..and then I also remember one of my classmate telling me 'I like you in white and green dress' :P

And one day in the English class, where my Principal was the teacher, I happened to sleep. I was wearing the same dress. We were sitting on the floor and I kept my elbow to the ground and hand below chin and slept sitting.

My classmates no one woke me, English teacher left the class after his period, though he noticed me he didn't try to wake me. And my classmates went on a break and came back, and I was still sleeping in the same position. Then came the maths sir, his name was Amir and he was taller than the class door and had to bend his head to get in to class. Very strict but he knew so much maths. I didn't wake up even when he came in. Then one guy..he was the shortest guy in class, he suddenly pulled my hand and I I fell down hitting head to floor. I woke up in shock and realized what happened, and was very hurt that my classmates didn't woke me and were having fun show throughout the time I was in sleep. That day I got my life's first painful slap from math's sir. I used to cry for weeks whenever I remembered this...But then, I scored decent in my maths only because of him...

I sometimes feel I never changed even a bit from many years. My village has taken me in to its heart and protected my innocence and love. Those dark eyelids of my mother's eyes sometimes still come in my dreams very clear.

Why are we running in this world...does any one even know that clearly!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Super proud

 My little brother is no more little.. He has grown up so big that now he went to a new country to study I feel quite proud of him and also ...